Thursday, June 9, 2011

Wonder what if I chose the paths not taken.

I'm not sure whether i'm such a big complainer or is it the choices i have has always been the way it is. Well to start this off.....

1. When i was in my matriculation years i was given the Biology course but in the end i faught to change to get into Physical course. Dad was so furious with that decision and i was so up front to prove him that i can do well in it that later in future it will provide something fruitfull.

2. At the end of the matriculation course when ever student was busy with filling up forms to enter university, I was so keen on choosing chemical engineering for degree. That's because I find chemistry is very fun and I kinda did well in it for SPM. Then a lady chemistry lecturer gave her opinion that engineering is not suitable for girls coz later in career wise it's going to be very rough profession. Well, having working for almost 3 years now I dont think what she said is 100% true though unless if the girl is in civil engineering especially. Again, i was makng decision against an elder's advice.

3. During my 1st year in uni, i was told by Dad that during middle on my matric year i was actually offered to try 2 trial years for foundation in KL for JPA oversea course for education in Physics. How ironic it was as i was so stubborn to change my Biological course to Physical course during matric. He said he didnt want to show it to me cuz i was already in Labuan for matric and the other offer was only for trial. But i dont blame him though..well not as I first found out about it. He's just being overprotective & being a typical old man in village, he's just too dearly to be mad at. Sometimes, I was mad at ...er..God? but however it is, maybe He has a reason for me.

4. After graduation, I has been offered procees engineer post in my practical training place but the company is located in Peninsular. I was determine to go back to hometown. Being faraway for too long sometimes can make the soul weary & distraught and that's how it gets lost..I think. Dad asked if i was interested to try teaching. But usually teaching after graduating wit diff degree can only provide you choices teaching subjects of not your choices..hmm...u know la..Then got a call for interview for process engnr in BJ services in Miri but i was still stuck in Kuantan and the ticket was already bought for a later date.

5. And so i got a job in Bintulu but not as fun as i imagined it would be. Working life started off getting into sales and PR....hmm...$$$$...well not fun for me..except for the friends found there and the experiences and environment..hehe..happening pening2 babe...hahah..at this point, it made me think whether my first ever choice in the beginning was actually the wrong choice? Life is not as fun as we normally plan isn't it..

6. Now..hmm...Sales Engineer..hadui...PR stuff is obviously not my thing..but try anyway. Still I haven't feel content, not yet to the point where i can say "yeah..i really enjoy my work!"...anyway, i'm always told maybe it's not my time yet..

Sometimes i get to be told that all this while i"ve been making the wrong choices..but i thought all this while i've been choosing what i like and things will be alright. At this point, should i should forget about it then carry on with choices that would make things easier? If I do choose to turn back, will be too late? Even so, if I stay, will luck comes by one day with the choices i like?..

4 comments:

  1. not really tough if we r going against the current. hahahaha.like mine. :-) i decided to study in Kuktem, bcos it is literally an unknown university. my first choice. many said it was a bad choice. but i managed to influenced my best buddy, erick n aaron to join me also (both deserved a much better U than Kuktem) hahaha.

    Bad choice?

    No. hahaha. its fun cos we r going against what others are doing. so far, u path are well chosen. hehe.

    Like Rudyard Kipling said in his poem, the road not taken..hehehe.

    dun afraid to take the road not taken. afraid of the wrong turn? dun worry babe. nothing bad will happen.

    just live against the current. everything will b alright.






    now, thats a crooked advice.
    feel free to not take heed of it.

    hahahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Na, just happen to drop by...wow, what a confession you have up there huh?

    I have issues of my own too, pretty much like yours. I wanted to study English Lit so badly tapi susah la dgn parents yg a bit 'narrow-minded'...akhirnya belajar science, and by the end of my uni years, i realized that i am totally not a 'science dork'. I was mediocre in every core subject, but did very well in English...in fact, English la yg tlg naikkan CGPA sy. I am more of a 'Shakespeare chicka' than the Einstein one.

    I regretted having ignored the borang JPA to pursue English prior to matrix. If not, I would definitely be somewhere in England instead of just stuck in here.

    But everything happens for a reason...feel free to stop by my book blog at anytime and I'm following you too to read more of that ramblings of yours!

    Ciao mi amigo...haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow...looks like i'm not the only one here...glad to know i'm not alone. btw, caca...missed the chance of going "further" there is really...arrggghh....kan..kan..

    ReplyDelete